Having operated primarily out of Hanoi, Vietnam since 2013, GaneshAID is a Public Health Non-profit Consulting Firm that serves the public health sector with non-profit purposes. The company is specialized in health system strengthening, public health supply chain, capacity building and learning, and digital solutions for health. GaneshAID operates as a think-tank and aims to improve the health status and well-being of people in Low- and Middle-income countries in Asia Pacific, Africa, and Middle East. We mainly collaborate with development partners/sponsors (UNICEF, WHO, Gavi), governments, training institutions, etc.
For more information, please visit:
- Our website: ganeshaid.com
- Our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ganeshaid-a-nonprofit-consultancy-company-2696b5119/
Recruitment context: In Hanoi office we are looking for a smart, talented, and passionate undergraduate/recent graduate to assist the Research and Study Team in the specific public health studies.
The purpose of this internship is to assist the GaneshAID research team members conducting public health studies in Vietnam and Low- and Middle-Income Countries in Asia and Africa.
Joining the team, the intern has the opportunity to work in an international environment, gain research and writing skills, consolidate data analytical skills, and gain insight into working with global partners, NGOs, and other public health organizations.
Department: Research and Study Cluster – Hanoi – Vietnam
Immediate Supervisor: Research and Studies Team Leader
Job title: Research Intern
Under the direct supervision of the Research and Studies Team Leader who is a public health specialist and in close collaboration with other public health specialists, the research intern is in charge of participating in the area of study, research and practice that places a priority on improving health and achieving equity in health for all people in developing countries:
- Health system strengthening
- Human resources for health
- Public Health supply chains
- Immunization and vaccines
- Pandemics, outbreaks, and emergencies.
Likewise, the research intern will assist to update projects progress of the Research and Study Cluster on the GaneshAID project management software.
The Research Intern will assist the team to implement all phases of a study:
Phase 1: Protocol writing
- Defining research questions
- Specifying the analysis plan (variables and indicators)
- Identifying data collection methods
- Estimating the schedule of the study
- Assisting in rapid desk review, collecting relevant materials, reviewing, and summarizing information into a template.
Phase 2: Developing data collection tools
- Elaborating desk review frameworks and other tools
- Formulating IDI guidelines
- Preparing questionnaires (including on-line materials using survey softwares)
- Uploading online surveys based on the developed questionnaires
- Using available software(s) to create the online survey on the developed questionnaires
- Developing observation grids
- Designing agenda of study consultation and dissemination workshops.
Phase 3: Collecting data
Supporting the collection of qualitative and quantitative data in accordance with the decided data collection method.
Phase 4: Analyzing data and reports:
- Using available software(s) to import, export data and generate relevant reports
- Coordinating with other team members to organize, assemble, and ensure quality of reports and other deliverables
- Assisting to prepare briefs, visuals, and presentations for key findings upon request.
Qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Last year university student or newly graduate with an educational background in English or relevant areas
- Newly graduate from public health schools/universities is strongly preferable
- Keen interest in data collection, data management and public health projects
- Competencies in conducting research. Experience in conducting public health research is a preference
- Experience with at least one of the software such as Excel, Epi Info7, Access, SAS, SPSS, Stata.
- Knowledge of online survey software/platform
- Strong research and writing skills in desk review
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, especially in international environment
- Be creative and responsible
- Ability to communicate in French is a plus.
What we offer:
Duration: 3-month internship period
Opportunity to rapidly learn and acquire skills in high demand in the world of international development
Dynamic, international work environment
Opportunity of full employment upon successful completion of an internship period and the company’s needs.
How to apply
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application in English including a cover letter and a detailed CV to Mrs Thuy Hanh at email@example.com by 3 december 2021 at the latest.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from placing calls after submitting the application.