GaneshAID develops innovative solutions to ensure equitable access to a comprehensive range of high-quality health and immunization services is ensured within an integrated and person-centered continuum of care in low-resource settings. We invest in innovative approaches including the use of digital health strategies for mitigating resources constraints.
Beyond the innovation phase, GaneshAID commits to support countries to standardize and engage health workers in digital solutions for high performant service delivery, and consequently provide the roadmap to scale these promising strategies in lower-middle-income settings.
Multiple Strategies to Strengthen Health Services Performance
GaneshAID supports countries designing and implementing new strategies for optimizing access to high-quality health services at the various levels of the health system and overcoming cultural, social, financial, and linguistic barriers. Some of these new approaches include focusing on Public oversight, Human resources, Performance improvement, Public provider reorganization, and community empowerment.
Public oversight strategies
- Contracting out
- Enforcement approaches
Provider strategies: Human resources
- Training of health provider (in-service and on the job)
- Peer learning
- Team building and peer support
- Career or personal development
Provider strategies: Performance improvement or input management
- Medical audit
- Provision of additional financial resources
- Financial management
- Pharmaceutical management
- Total quality management
- Critical pathway/clinical pathway
- Monitoring health status/health information
- Quality assurance
- Continuous quality improvement
- Quality design
- Facility management systems
- Job aids/reminders/decision support
- Guidelines, standards
Provider strategies: Public provider reorganization
- Integration of service delivery
- Vertical program introduction
Family and community empowerment
- Community education
- Community capacity for care
- Community driven services
- Community mobilization/empowerment
- Client provider interaction
- Health education of patients
- Community based health info system
Digital Innovations for High-quality Service Delivery
Digital solutions help improve access to quality of health service delivery and consequently better health outcomes for all included underserved populations. GaneshAID supported facilitating task shifting of health service delivery from facility-based providers to frontline health workers.
In these task-shifting applications, we have developed innovative solutions that provide training content on-demand and peer-learning, enable communication between health workers and with supervisors, set up systematic performance measurement and coaching, and offer work-planning and prioritization tools. Likewise, our new approaches encourage addressing rural–urban differences in access and acceptance of mobile technology to progress toward increasing universal access.
Our Key Interventions
- EPI Performance coaching for enhanced supportive supervision COACH2PEV Sénégal – Gavi Secretariat (2018-2022).
- Building skilled workforce though Social media learning to maintain immunization activities during the COVID-19 pandemic VACCIFORM Bénin – Gavi Secretariat (2020-2021).
- Social media learning, competency-based learning pathways to build human resources for immunization supply chain AFRO4iSC in Africa – WHO AFRO and HQ (2020-2021).