Healthcare workers are the backbone of the healthcare system. The insufficient quantity and quality of health workers around the world have been identified as one of the most pressing obstacles to the achievement of health and development goals. The intense, high-stakes nature of the healthcare environment requires that healthcare workers undergo continuous professional training to consolidate their skills.
Challenges of Tradition Supportive Supervision
In resource-restricted areas, constant supportive supervision, training, and mentorship of healthcare staff are vital in upskilling the healthcare workforce. However, the COVID-19 situation restricts the way that healthcare professionals can receive traditional training, mentorship, and coaching, which has been done only through traditional supervision visits.
As new rules pose a great challenge, and for a time that most activities come to a standstill, organizations are trying to figure out how to best mitigate the challenges. This effort gives way to innovation and digital health technology via mobile phones, apps, and tablets, which creates powerful changes with measurable results.
GaneshAID’s Innovation: Coach2PEV (C2P)
Digital performance coaching solution is one of the hallmarks of success at GaneshAID.
Our creative solution – C2P transforms the way that coaches and coachees usually come together.
The C2P is an appreciable performance coaching innovation specifically for immunization workers. The solution has greatly fostered the competencies of users through self-assessment which is the basis for a scheduled improvement plan. Integrated m-learning program, performance acknowledgement through ranking and championship reinforce staffs’ confidence and motivation.
Watch our Innovative Solution C2P on Gavi’s Youtube Channel:
C2P solution has two components: a mobile application and a central web platform to manage and customize the content of the mobile application. To address the challenges of supportive supervision, the solution provides users with:
- a competency-based micro-learning catalog of capsules for on-the-go training
- a performance measurement tool for self-assessment of EPI staff,
- an individual coaching process to facilitate problem-solving, provide clear feedback on performance, manage expectations, and use elements of motivation
- a performance e-dashboard for relevant statistics on EPI staff progress and a consequent championship for gamification
- a Community of Practice (CoP) for institutional discussion in forums of various specific immunization domains. The CoP strengthens the interaction between colleagues and enables the immunization staff to be more confident in doing their job.