GaneshAID is a non-profit consultancy firm that serves the public health sector and specializes in preventing and controlling communicable and non-communicable diseases in Asia and Africa. We combine creativity and expertise to design transformative solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs.
GaneshAID is an international company that has been operating out of Hanoi, Vietnam since 2013.
GaneshAID is implementing a project of developing innovative solutions for improving the immunization performance of Senegal Expanded Program on Immunization.
Location: Hanoi – Vietnam
Department: IT Department
Immediate supervisor: IT project leader
Shall report to: IT project leader and Capacity Building and Learning Manager
Under the supervision of the IT project leader, the web/mobile developer is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites/mobile application, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. He/She strives to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Developing IT solutions based on projects requirements, including complex online database, Disease prevention and control web-based platform, Learning Management System (LMS), e-learning modules, mobile applications, survey software, e-dashboards, etc.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Being responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Staying plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperating with graphic designers to match visual design intent
Education: Bachelor or higher degree in computer science equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- French is an asset
- Capable working independently and with a team
- Curious to new ideas and innovations
- Committed and reliable to work and willing to solve problems
- Strong facilitation and good interpersonal, communicational, presentation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Writing specification document, training guide
- Providing technical assistance to all end users and customers
- Database: MySQL, SQLite, SQL Server
- Framework: WordPress, Drupal, Symfony, Moodle
- Server hosting: Linux, centos, Apache, Apache tomcat, Window server, Oracle DB, Directadmin
- Software: Notepad ++ , Sublime3, XD, AI, Photoshop
- At least 3 years of experience working at similar position
- Experience developing websites, mobile applications, survey software, e-dashboards, etc.
- Experience working for projects in public health sector, capacity building and training is an asset
Conditions of employment:
- The position salary is competitive and will be negotiated during the interview.
- One-year contract with possible extension based on the working performance.
How to apply:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application (in English) including: A cover letter and latest CV to Ms. Thuy Hanh at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from placing calls after submitting the application