GaneshAID is looking for qualified candidates to apply for the position of IT Project leader.
Detailed job description is below.
GaneshAID is a non-profit consultancy firm that serves the public health sector and specializes in preventing and controlling communicable and non-communicable diseases in Asia and Africa. We combine creativity and expertise to design transformative solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs.
GaneshAID is an international company that has been operating out of Hanoi, Vietnam since 2013.
GaneshAID is implementing a project of developing innovative solutions for improving the immunization performance of Senegal Expanded Program on Immunization.
Location: Hanoi – Vietnam
Department: IT Department
Immediate supervisor: Project Operation Manager
Shall report to: Project Operation Manager
Under the supervision of the Project Operation Manager, the IT project leader takes overall responsibility of leading IT assignments/projects. He/She will technically design, test, and implement IT products as well as oversees plans, organises, and coordinates the work of other IT professionals and administrative staff to produce a new piece or system of software.
- Developing IT solutions based on projects requirements, including complex online database, mobile applications, survey softwares, e-dashboards, disease prevention and control web-based platform, Learning Management System (LMS), e-learning modules, etc.
- Setting up a mapping of e- and m-health solutions for benchmarks (existing solutions and technologies used in Low and Middle-income countries)
- Participating in selection of qualified IT specialist as consultants to develop the IT solutions
- Writing specification documents for e-health projects or projects comprising IT components
- Monitoring and evaluating IT solutions
- Developing models/templates for similar needs
Project team leader
- Assuring that all team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
- Evaluating and assessing result of project
- Selecting team members, delegating tasks, and setting deadlines
- Developing workplans of the innovative solution development
- Establishing and publishing clear priorities among project activities
- Leading the team of IT specialists/consultants to implement the project
- Developing schedules and methods for ensuring the deadlines
- Assuring timely adaptive action is taken
- Coordinating management and technical decisions
- Implementing and managing change when necessary to meet project outputs
Education: Bachelor or higher degree in computer science equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- French is an asset
- Capable working independently and with a team
- Curious to new ideas and innovations
- Committed and reliable to work and willing to solve problems
- Strong facilitation and good interpersonal, communicational, presentation skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Writing specification document, training guide
- Providing technical assistance to all end users and customers
- Database: MySQL, SQLite, SQL Server
- Framework: WordPress, Drupal, Symfony, Moodle
- Server hosting: Linux, centos, Apache, Apache tomcat, Window server, Oracle DB, Directadmin
- Software: MOS Solo, Course Lab, Inovae, Opale, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Note pad++, Proshow, Wave pad, Im Too video, Android studio, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office,
- Adobe Acrobat, FTP, WinSCP, SVN, etc.
- Web developer
- Android developer
- At least 5 years of experience working at similar position
- Experience developing complex online database, mobile applications, survey software, e-dashboards, etc.
- Experience working for projects in public health sector, capacity building and training is an asset
Conditions of employment:
- The position salary is competitive and will be negotiated during the interview.
- One-year contract with possible extension based on the working performance.
How to apply:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application (in English) including: A cover letter and latest CV to Ms. Thuy Hanh at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from placing calls after submitting the application