GaneshAID is a consultancy with nonprofit and social purpose that serves the public health sector and specializes in preventing and controlling communicable and non-communicable diseases in Asia and Africa. We combine creativity and expertise to design transformative solutions that are tailored to our clients’ needs.
GaneshAID is an international company that has operated primarily out of Hanoi, Vietnam since 2013.
Department/Country: Administrative Department – Hanoi – Vietnam
Immediate Supervisor: Project Officer
Shall report to:
Accountant and Administrator (Administrative reporting)
Project Lead (Technical Reporting)
The Project Assistant at GaneshAID provides proactive support and creates balance in the time and scope of projects under the direction of more experienced project manager and the managing director. She/He provides general administrative support to projects and daily office, ensuring smooth logistic bases for the project operation
Providing proactive support to project preparation, implementation and monitoring:
- Support project team in desk review, data mapping and management
- Record, arrange and manage database of projects
- Schedule and prepare for meetings and teleconferences, including invitations, collation of responses, and preparation of required documents and meetings minutes
- Support project team in drafting and editing documents (language use and formatting) and designing visual tools
- Follow-up and provide support on projects’ schedule
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by supervisors and in line with organizational priorities.
Communicating among the team and with clients and partners:
- Maintain effectively communication system and ensure information flow within projects: using collaborative platform, ensuring appropriate circulation of information among projects teams (Hanoi-based and remotely)
- Develop professional and high-quality messages to communicate with clients and partners: professional writings, fluent English and Vietnamese writing and speaking
Interpretation and translation:
- Interpreting and translating from Vietnamese to English and vice versa
- Editing English in close collaboration with the English editor
Administrative work and travel management:
- Managing office supplies
- Receiving and sending posts
- Arranging and informing on meetings, calls, and conferences among the team and with clients and partners
- Supporting human resources activities (recruitment, team building activities, etc.)
- Doing logistic work during company’s events and meetings
- Preparing for visa application and travel documents
- Booking tickets, following up with the flight
- Booking hotel and pick-up car
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social science or a relevant field
- Skills in administrative work
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High competency in Microsoft Office applications and online tools
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of public health is a preferential
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, especially in international environment
- Tact, discretion, and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Ability to produce quality finished work in a timely manner
- Proficient English
- 1 year of experience working at similar position in international setting
- Experience as assistant in projects/studies in private sector, non-governmental organizations sector, and collaboration with development partners
- Public health sector, health supply chain, immunization, and/or capacity building and training are an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The position salary is competitive and will be negotiated during the interview.
- One month probation with 100% of net salary.
- One-year contract with potential extension based on the working performance.
How to apply:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their application in English including a cover letter and a detailed CV to Mrs. Thuy Hanh at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2020 at the latest.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please refrain from placing calls after submitting the application.